Here is a super quick tutorial on how to add a sFTP user to a domain hosted on WPEngine:
- Login to your WPEngine portal: my.wpengine.com
2. Select your Account (if you have more than one).
3. Look for your domain you want to setup a sFTP user for, select the environment (Production, Staging, Development)
4. Click on sFTP users link in your given environment.
5. Click on the Create SFTP user button.
6. Add a desired username, a valid password, and select the environment.
7. Record the sFTP login settings.
Important to note, WPEngine uses Port 2222 (not the standard Port 22), and if you are new to this, FTP and sFTP are different, so be sure you enter the correct settings in your coding editor.